Are you planning a camping trip with your large family or group of friends? Well, there’s no need to worry about meal planning because we’ve got you covered.
In this beginner’s guide, we’ve put together 70 easy camping meals that are perfect for large families and groups. From breakfast to dinner, we’ve got something for everyone. So, let’s get started!
Camping Breakfast Ideas for Large Families and Large Groups
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially when you’re camping. These easy breakfast meals will fuel you up for a day of outdoor adventure.
Pancakes are a classic camping breakfast. All you need is pancake mix, water, and a griddle. You can also add in some blueberries, chocolate chips, or bananas for extra flavor. To make pancakes over a campfire, you can use a cast-iron skillet or a griddle.
Heat the skillet over the fire, and pour the pancake batter onto the hot surface. Flip the pancakes when the edges start to dry and bubbles form on the surface.
2. Breakfast Burritos
Make breakfast burritos by frying up some bacon or sausage, scrambling some eggs, and wrapping it all up in a tortilla. Don’t forget to add cheese and salsa!
To make breakfast burritos over a campfire, you can cook the bacon or sausage in a cast-iron skillet over the fire, and then scramble the eggs in the same skillet. Warm up the tortillas on the skillet, and then fill them up with the cooked ingredients.
Oatmeal is a quick and easy breakfast that can be made with just boiling water and your favorite toppings, like fruit, nuts, and honey. To make oatmeal over a campfire, you can bring a pot of water to a boil, and then add the oatmeal and toppings. Let it simmer for a few minutes, and then serve.
4. French Toast
French toast is another classic breakfast that can be made with bread, eggs, milk, and cinnamon. You can also add some syrup and powdered sugar on top. To make French toast over a campfire, you can use a cast-iron skillet or a griddle. Dip the bread slices into the egg mixture, and then cook them on the skillet until they are golden brown.
Camping Lunch Ideas for Large Families and Large Groups
Lunch is a great time to take a break from your outdoor activities and enjoy a delicious meal. These easy lunch ideas are perfect for large groups.
Sandwiches are easy to make and can be customized to everyone’s taste. All you need is bread, meat, cheese, and some veggies. To make sandwiches over a campfire, you can toast the bread on a grill or a hot rock, and then fill them up with the desired ingredients.
Make tacos by cooking up some ground beef, chicken, or veggies and setting out all the toppings, like shredded cheese, lettuce, salsa, and sour cream. To make tacos over a campfire, you can cook the meat in a cast-iron skillet, and then heat up the tortillas on the same skillet.
Set out the toppings in separate containers, and let everyone assemble their own tacos.
3. Grilled Cheese
Grilled cheese is a comfort food that’s perfect for camping. All you need is bread, cheese, and a skillet. To make grilled cheese over a campfire, you can butter the bread slices, place the cheese in between them, and then cook the sandwich on the skillet until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Wraps are a great alternative to sandwiches. You can fill them with your favorite meats, veggies, and sauces. To make wraps over a campfire, you can heat up the tortillas on a skillet, and then fill them up with the desired ingredients.
Camping Snacks Ideas for Large Families and Large Groups
Snacks are essential for any camping trip. These easy snack ideas are perfect for munching on throughout the day.
- Trail Mix: Trail mix is a classic camping snack that’s easy to make. All you need is a mix of nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate chips.
- Granola Bars: Granola bars are a quick and easy snack that can be made ahead of time. You can customize them with your favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruit.
- Popcorn: Popcorn is a fun and easy snack to make over a campfire. All you need is a pot and some popcorn kernels. You can also add some butter and salt for extra flavor.
- Fruit and Veggies: Don’t forget to pack some fresh fruit and veggies for a healthy snack option.
Camping Dinner Ideas for Large Families and Large Groups
Dinner is the main event of the day, and these easy dinner ideas are perfect for feeding a large group.
- Hot Dogs: Hot dogs are a classic camping dinner that’s easy to make. All you need is some hot dogs, buns, and your favorite toppings.
- Burgers: Burgers are another easy camping dinner that can be customized to everyone’s taste. You can also add some bacon, cheese, and avocado for extra flavor.
- Foil Packet Meals: Foil packet meals are a fun and easy way to make dinner over a campfire. You can fill the packets with your favorite meats, veggies, and sauces, and then cook them over the fire.
- Kabobs: Kabobs are a fun and easy dinner option that can be made with meat, veggies, and fruits. You can also marinate the meat and veggies for extra flavor.
Camping Desserts Ideas for Large Families and Large Groups
No camping trip is complete without a delicious dessert. These easy dessert ideas are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth.
- S’mores: S’mores are a classic camping dessert that’s easy to make. All you need is graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate.
- Fruit Skewers: Fruit skewers are a healthy and easy dessert option. You can use any combination of fruits, like strawberries, pineapple, and watermelon.
- Campfire Cones: Campfire cones are a fun and easy dessert that can be customized with your favorite toppings, like chocolate chips, marshmallows, and nuts.
- Dutch Oven Desserts: Dutch oven desserts are a fun and easy way to make dessert over a campfire. You can make anything from brownies to apple crisp in a Dutch oven.
Camping Drinks Ideas for Large Families and Large Groups
Don’t forget to pack some drinks for your camping trip. These easy drink ideas are perfect for quenching your thirst.
- Lemonade: Lemonade is a refreshing drink that can be made with just lemons, water, and sugar.
- Iced Tea: Iced tea is a classic camping drink that can be customized with your favorite tea flavors.
- Hot Cocoa: Hot cocoa is a warm and comforting drink that’s perfect for chilly nights.
- Coffee: Coffee is a must-have for any camping trip. You can make it over a campfire with a percolator or a French press.
Campfire Cooking Tips Ideas for Large Families and Large Groups
Cooking over a campfire can be challenging, but with these tips, you’ll be a pro in no time.
- Plan Ahead: Plan your meals ahead of time, and make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and equipment.
- Use Cast-Iron Cookware: Cast-iron cookware is perfect for cooking over a campfire. It can withstand high heat and distribute heat evenly.
- Keep it Simple: Stick to simple recipes that don’t require a lot of prep work or cooking time.
- Bring the Right Tools: Make sure you have all the necessary tools, like a spatula, tongs, and a pot holder.
- Safety First: Always be careful when cooking over a campfire. Keep a bucket of water nearby in case of emergencies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What’s the best way to keep food cold while camping?
The best way to keep food cold while camping is to use a cooler with ice. You can also freeze some of your food ahead of time to help keep everything cold.
2. How can I make sure my food is cooked all the way through?
One way to make sure your food is cooked all the way through is to use a meat thermometer. You can also cut into the meat to check for doneness.
3. Can I use a regular pot or pan over a campfire?
You can use a regular pot or pan over a campfire, but it’s best to use cast-iron cookware that can withstand high heat.
4. How do I start a campfire?
To start a campfire, you’ll need some kindling, like twigs and small sticks, and larger logs. You can also use a fire starter or matches to get the fire going.
5. What’s the best way to clean cast-iron cookware while camping?
The best way to clean cast-iron cookware while camping is to wipe it out with a paper towel or a cloth. You can also use a little bit of soap and water if necessary, but make sure to dry the cookware thoroughly afterwards.
In conclusion, these 70 easy camping meals are perfect for feeding a large family or group. From breakfast to dinner and desserts, there are plenty of options to choose from. With these tips and tricks, you’ll be a campfire cooking pro in no time.