If you’re planning a school camp, then you know just how important dessert is to the overall experience. It’s the perfect way to end a long day of outdoor activities and bonding with your fellow campers. However, with so many different desserts out there, it can be challenging to choose the right ones for your camp.
In this beginner’s guide, we’ll cover 35 school camp dessert ideas that are sure to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth. From classic favorites like s’mores to more unique treats like grilled fruit, there’s something for everyone on this list.
Classic School Campfire Desserts
When it comes to camp desserts, classic campfire treats are always a hit. These desserts are easy to make and require only a few ingredients, making them perfect for any camping trip. Here are some classic campfire desserts to consider:
- S’mores: No camping trip is complete without this classic treat. All you need are graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows. Roast your marshmallows over the fire, sandwich them between two graham crackers and a piece of chocolate, and enjoy.
- Banana Boats: This dessert is a twist on the classic s’more. Instead of using graham crackers, you’ll use a banana. Cut a slit in the banana, fill it with chocolate chips and marshmallows, wrap it in foil, and heat it over the fire until everything is melted and gooey.
- Campfire Cones: These are another fun twist on the classic s’more. Fill a waffle cone with marshmallows, chocolate chips, and any other toppings you like, wrap it in foil, and heat it over the fire until everything is melted and gooey.
No-Bake School Camp Desserts
If you don’t want to worry about cooking over a fire or using an oven, then no-bake desserts are the way to go. These desserts are easy to make and require no cooking at all. Here are some no-bake dessert ideas to consider:
- Peanut Butter Bars: These bars are made with just a few simple ingredients, including peanut butter, honey, and oats. Mix everything together, press it into a pan, and let it chill in the fridge until it’s set.
- Chocolate Energy Balls: These little bites are perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up. They’re made with dates, almonds, cocoa powder, and a few other ingredients. Just blend everything together, roll it into balls, and chill in the fridge.
- Yogurt Parfaits: These are a healthier dessert option that’s still delicious. Layer yogurt, fruit, and granola in a cup or jar, and you have a tasty and satisfying treat.
Grilled School Camp Desserts
If you have access to a grill, then you can make some amazing desserts. Grilling adds a unique flavor and texture to desserts that you can’t get with any other cooking method. Here are some grilled dessert ideas to consider:
- Grilled Peaches: This dessert is so simple yet so delicious. Cut a peach in half, brush it with a little oil, and grill it for a few minutes on each side. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and you have a dessert that’s sure to impress.
- Grilled Pineapple: Like grilled peaches, grilled pineapple is a simple yet delicious dessert. Cut a pineapple into rings, brush it with a little oil, and grill it for a few minutes on each side. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Grilled Pound Cake: This dessert is a little more involved, but it’s worth the effort. Cut pound cake into thick slices, brush them with melted butter, and grill them for a few minutes on each side until they’re golden brown. Serve with fresh berries and whipped cream for a delicious and decadent treat.
Baked School Camp Desserts
If you have access to an oven or a Dutch oven, then you can make some amazing baked desserts at camp. Baked desserts can be a little more time-consuming, but they’re worth the effort. Here are some baked dessert ideas to consider:
- Dutch Oven Apple Crisp: This dessert is perfect for a cool evening at camp. Layer sliced apples with a mixture of oats, flour, brown sugar, and butter in a Dutch oven, and bake it over the fire until it’s golden brown and bubbly.
- Campfire Brownies: These brownies are easy to make and require only a few ingredients. Mix together brownie mix, water, and oil, and pour the batter into a cast-iron skillet. Bake it over the fire until the brownies are set.
- Campfire Cobbler: Like apple crisp, cobbler is a perfect dessert for a cool evening at camp. Layer your favorite fruit with a mixture of flour, sugar, butter, and milk in a Dutch oven, and bake it over the fire until it’s golden brown and bubbly.
Ice Cream School Camp Desserts
Ice cream is always a crowd-pleaser, and there are many ways to incorporate it into your camp desserts. Here are some ice cream dessert ideas to consider:
- Ice Cream Sandwiches: These are easy to make and require only a few ingredients. Just sandwich your favorite ice cream between two cookies, and roll the edges in sprinkles or chopped nuts.
- Sundae Bar: Set up a DIY sundae bar with ice cream, toppings, and sauces, and let everyone make their own custom sundae.
- Milkshakes: Blend together ice cream, milk, and your favorite flavors to make a delicious and refreshing milkshake.
Fruit-Based School Camp Desserts
Fruit is a refreshing and healthy dessert option that’s perfect for camp. Here are some fruit-based dessert ideas to consider:
- Fruit Kabobs: Thread your favorite fruits onto skewers for a colorful and refreshing treat.
- Fruit Salad: Chop up a variety of fruits and mix them together for a refreshing and healthy dessert.
- Grilled Fruit: Grilling adds a unique flavor to fruit that’s hard to resist. Try grilling pineapple, peaches, or watermelon for a delicious and unique dessert.
Unique School Camp Desserts
If you’re looking for something a little more unique, then these dessert ideas are sure to impress:
- Campfire Banana Split: Cut a banana in half lengthwise, and grill it for a few minutes on each side. Top it with scoops of ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, and any other toppings you like.
- Campfire Donuts: These are easy to make and require only a few ingredients. Just wrap biscuit dough around a skewer, and roast it over the fire until it’s golden brown. Roll it in cinnamon sugar, and enjoy.
- Campfire Cinnamon Rolls: These are a little more involved but worth the effort. Make cinnamon roll dough, and wrap it around skewers. Roast them over the fire until they’re golden brown, and drizzle with glaze.
Healthy School Camp Desserts
If you’re looking for a healthy dessert option, then these ideas are perfect:
- Frozen Grapes: Freeze grapes for a refreshing and healthy snack.
- Frozen Yogurt Bark: Mix together yogurt, fruit, and granola, and freeze it for a refreshing and healthy dessert.
- Grilled Pineapple: Grilling pineapple brings out its natural sweetness and makes for a delicious and healthy dessert.
No-Bake School Camp Desserts
If you don’t have access to an oven or stove, then these no-bake dessert ideas are perfect:
- S’mores: No camp dessert list would be complete without s’mores. Just sandwich a toasted marshmallow and a piece of chocolate between two graham crackers for a classic campfire treat.
- Trail Mix: Mix together nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate chips for a delicious and portable dessert.
- Peanut Butter and Banana Wrap: Spread peanut butter on a tortilla, and add sliced banana. Roll it up, and enjoy.
School Camp Beverages
Finally, don’t forget about beverages when planning your camp desserts. Here are some refreshing beverage ideas to consider:
- Lemonade: Mix together lemon juice, water, and sugar for a refreshing and classic beverage.
- Iced Tea: Brew tea and let it cool, then serve over ice for a refreshing and healthy beverage.
- Hot Cocoa: For a cool evening at camp, hot cocoa is the perfect beverage. Mix together cocoa powder, sugar, and milk, and heat it up over the fire for a warm and comforting drink.
Camp desserts are a fun and delicious way to end a day of outdoor activities. With so many options to choose from, you’re sure to find a dessert that everyone will love. From classic s’mores to unique grilled desserts, there’s something for every taste and preference.
So pack your ingredients, grab your camping gear, and get ready to enjoy some amazing camp desserts.