Camping is a fantastic way to explore the great outdoors and RV camping allows you to do it in style and comfort. However, cooking meals while on the road can be challenging. That’s why make-ahead meals are a great option for RV camping.
In today’s guide, we’ll share some of the best make-ahead meals that are easy to prepare, store, and reheat during your RV camping trip.
Make-Ahead Breakfast Meals for RV Camping
A hearty breakfast is essential to fuel your adventures for the day. Here are some make-ahead breakfast meals that you can enjoy in your RV:
- Breakfast Burritos: Scramble some eggs, add some cooked bacon or sausage, cheese, and wrap them in tortillas. Store them in the fridge or freezer and reheat in the microwave or oven. You can also customize these burritos to your liking by adding veggies or hot sauce.
- Overnight Oats: Mix rolled oats, milk, and your favorite toppings like fruit, nuts, and honey in a jar. Store it in the fridge overnight and enjoy it cold or heat it up in the microwave. Overnight oats are a healthy and delicious option for breakfast that can be easily stored in a cooler or fridge.
- Breakfast Casserole: Layer bread, cooked sausage, eggs, and cheese in a baking dish. Cover it and store it in the fridge or freezer. Reheat it in the oven or microwave. This make-ahead breakfast casserole is perfect for feeding a crowd or for those lazy mornings when you don’t want to cook.
Make-Ahead Lunch Meals for RV Camping
For a quick and easy lunch on the go, these make-ahead meals are perfect for RV camping:
- Sandwiches and Wraps: Prepare your favorite sandwich or wrap and store it in a cooler or fridge. Wraps are a great option for RV camping because they don’t get soggy like bread does.
- Pasta Salad: Cook pasta and toss it with veggies, cheese, and dressing. Store it in a container in the fridge or cooler. Pasta salad is a refreshing and easy-to-make lunch option that can be eaten cold.
- Tuna Salad: Mix canned tuna, mayo, veggies, and spices. Store it in a container in the fridge or cooler. Tuna salad is a classic lunch option that can be made ahead of time and stored in a cooler or fridge.
Make-Ahead Snacks Meals for RV Camping
When you’re on the road, it’s important to have snacks on hand to keep you energized throughout the day. These make-ahead snacks are perfect for RV camping:
- Energy Balls: Mix oats, nut butter, honey, and chocolate chips. Roll them into balls and store them in the fridge or cooler. Energy balls are a healthy and tasty snack that can be easily stored in a cooler or fridge.
- Trail Mix: Combine nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and chocolate chips in a container or bag. Trail mix is a classic snack that can be customized to your liking.
- Homemade Granola Bars: Mix oats, nut butter, honey, and dried fruit. Bake them in a baking dish and cut into bars. Store them in the fridge or cooler. Homemade granola bars are a great option for a quick and healthy snack on the go.
Make-Ahead Dinner Meals for RV Camping
A delicious and satisfying dinner is the perfect way to end a day of RV camping adventures. Here are some make-ahead dinner meals that you can enjoy in your RV:
- Chili: Cook ground beef or turkey, beans, tomatoes, and spices in a pot. Store it in a container in the fridge or freezer and reheat it in a pot on the stove. Chili is a hearty and filling dinner option that is perfect for chilly nights around the campfire.
- Slow Cooker Meals: Prepare your favorite slow cooker meal like pulled pork or beef stew before you hit the road. Store it in the fridge or freezer and reheat it in the slow cooker when you’re ready to eat.
- Kabobs: Thread meat, veggies, and fruit onto skewers and marinate them before you leave. Store them in the fridge or cooler and grill them up when you’re ready to eat. Kabobs are a fun and customizable dinner option for RV camping.
Make-Ahead Dessert Meals for RV Camping
No camping trip is complete without a sweet treat to end the day. These make-ahead desserts are perfect for RV camping:
- Campfire Cones: Fill waffle cones with marshmallows, chocolate chips, and fruit. Wrap them in foil and store them in the cooler. Grill them over the campfire for a melty and delicious treat.
- Brownies: Bake your favorite brownie recipe before you leave and store them in an airtight container. Brownies are a classic dessert that can be easily stored and enjoyed during your RV camping trip.
- Grilled Fruit: Cut up your favorite fruit like pineapple or peaches and marinate them in honey and cinnamon. Grill them over the campfire for a caramelized and delicious dessert.
Make-Ahead Drinks Meals for RV Camping
Staying hydrated is important during your RV camping trip. Here are some make-ahead drink options:
- Infused Water: Add fruit, herbs, or cucumbers to a pitcher of water and let it infuse in the fridge overnight. Infused water is a refreshing and healthy drink option for RV camping.
- Cold Brew Coffee: Brew coffee in advance and store it in the fridge. Cold brew coffee is a delicious and easy-to-make drink option for RV camping.
- Lemonade: Mix lemon juice, sugar, and water and store it in a pitcher in the fridge. Lemonade is a classic drink option that can be easily made ahead of time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I make-ahead meals for RV camping if I don’t have a fridge?
Yes! You can use a cooler with ice packs to store your make-ahead meals during your RV camping trip.
Q: Can I make-ahead meals for RV camping if I have limited cooking equipment?
Absolutely! Many of these make-ahead meals can be prepared with minimal cooking equipment like a slow cooker or grill.
Q: How far in advance can I make these meals?
It depends on the meal and how it’s stored. Generally, make-ahead meals can be stored in the fridge for 3-5 days and in the freezer for up to a month.
Make-ahead meals are a great option for RV camping because they save you time and allow you to enjoy more of your time outdoors. Whether you’re looking for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts, or drinks, these make-ahead meal options are easy to prepare, store, and reheat during your RV camping trip.
So, pack up your RV and get ready to enjoy some delicious and stress-free meals on your next camping adventure!