Summer is the perfect time to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. One of the best ways to do that is by attending a summer camp! And while summer camps are typically geared towards children, there’s no reason why adults can’t enjoy them too.
In fact, there are plenty of fun summer camp games that are perfect for adults. In this beginner’s guide, we’ll be sharing 20 fun summer camp games for adults that are sure to get you moving, laughing, and having a blast!
Summer Water Camping Games
When the weather gets hot, there’s no better way to cool off than with some fun water games. Here are some great water games that adults are sure to love:
- Water Balloon Toss – Divide into pairs and toss a water balloon back and forth. After each toss, take a step back. The pair that tosses their balloon the farthest distance without it breaking wins!
- Water Bucket Relay – Divide into teams and set up two buckets of water at opposite ends of a field. Each team member must carry a cup of water from one bucket to the other and transfer it into the next person’s cup. The first team to fill their bucket wins!
- Slip n’ Slide – Set up a long tarp and spray it with water and soap. Then slide down the tarp and see who can slide the farthest!
Classic Summer Camping Games
Sometimes the classic games are the best. Here are some classic summer camp games that adults are sure to enjoy:
- Capture the Flag – Divide into two teams and try to capture the other team’s flag without getting tagged. The team that captures the other team’s flag the most times wins!
- Dodgeball – Divide into two teams and try to eliminate the other team’s players by hitting them with a ball. The team with the most players standing at the end wins!
- Kickball – Just like in elementary school, but with adults! Divide into two teams and try to score the most runs.
Summer Scavenger Hunts
Scavenger hunts are a great way to explore the outdoors and work together as a team. Here are some fun scavenger hunt ideas:
- Nature Scavenger Hunt – Create a list of items found in nature, like a pinecone or a feather, and see who can find all the items on the list first.
- Photo Scavenger Hunt – Create a list of photos to take, like a selfie with a stranger or a photo of a funny sign. The first team to take all the photos on the list wins!
- Treasure Hunt – Hide small items like candy or toys around the area and create clues to lead players to each item. The first person to find all the items wins!
Summer Group Games
These games are perfect for large groups and can be a great way to break the ice and get to know new people.
- Human Knot – Stand in a circle and hold hands with two people who are not next to you. Then try to untangle the knot without letting go of anyone’s hands.
- Two Truths and a Lie – Go around in a circle and have each person share two true statements and one false statement about themselves. The rest of the group has to guess which statement is the lie.
- Mafia – This game requires a bit of strategy and deception. One player is the “Godfather” and the other players are either “mafia” or “townspeople”. The mafia members try to eliminate the townspeople one by one, while the townspeople try to figure out who the mafia members are.
- Campfire Charades – Divide into teams and have one person from each team act out a word or phrase without speaking while their teammates try to guess what it is. The team with the most correct guesses wins!
- Name That Tune – Play a few seconds of a song and see who can guess the name of the song and the artist first.
- Scavenger Hunt Relay – Divide into teams and create a list of items to find around the campsite. The first team to find all the items on the list and return to the starting point wins!
Active Summer Camping Games
If you’re looking to get your blood pumping and break a sweat, try these active games:
- Ultimate Frisbee – Similar to football or soccer, but with a frisbee instead of a ball. Divide into two teams and try to score points by throwing the frisbee into the other team’s end zone.
- Tug of War – Divide into two teams and try to pull the other team across a designated line. The team that pulls the other team across the line wins!
- Relay Races – Divide into teams and set up an obstacle course. Each person must complete a section of the course before tagging the next person to go. The first team to complete the course wins!
Creative Summer Camping Games
If you’re feeling creative, try these fun and artistic games:
- Tie-Dye – Bring some white t-shirts and tie-dye kits and create your own custom shirts. You can also tie-dye other items like hats or bandanas!
- Paint and Sip – Bring some canvases and paints and create your own masterpieces while enjoying some drinks with friends.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Do I need to be in good physical shape to play these games?
While some of the games are more physical than others, most of them can be modified to fit your abilities. Just be sure to communicate with your group if you have any limitations.
Q: Can I play these games with just a few people?
Absolutely! Many of the games can be modified to work with smaller groups.
Q: Do I need any special equipment to play these games?
While some games may require specific equipment, most of them can be played with items you already have on hand, like a frisbee or water balloons.
Q: What if it rains during our summer camp?
Don’t worry! There are plenty of indoor games and activities you can do as well, like board games or card games. You can also try hosting a movie night or telling spooky stories by the fire.
Q: Can I add my own games to this list?
Absolutely! These are just a few ideas to get you started but feel free to get creative and come up with your own games as well.
Q: What if some people in my group don’t want to participate in certain games?
It’s important to respect everyone’s boundaries and comfort levels. Encourage them to participate in other activities or suggest games that they might enjoy more.
Summer camp games aren’t just for kids! Whether you’re looking to have some laughs with friends or break a sweat with some physical activity, there’s a game out there for everyone. From classic games like capture the flag and kickball to creative activities like tie-dye and paint and sip, the possibilities are endless.
So gather your friends, head to the great outdoors, and get ready for some fun!